Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Painful Bulge On My Lower Abdomen





I have a bulge on my lower abdomen which is very painful. It is located below my bellybutton to the left. It is quite big and is only noticable when I stand up straight. It feels soft and when pressed in it slowly bulges back out to it's original shape again. It can be uncomfortable in every day life and only hurts whenever I do jolty excersizes such as running or jumping. It is a very harsh stabbing pain which prevents me from walking naturally and running in general. It is more visually noticable when it hurts than when it doesn't... when it doesn't hurt, all I can see is a line which looks like a vein. If I lay on my back and feel my belly, it feels very different from the right side of my abdomen - I noticed the right side is nice and smooth, whereas the side with the lump on it feels rough and unnatural. If I tense my abs, each side of my abdomen looks the same.

I first encountered this exact pain in the same place when I was about 13 years old during a P.E lesson and it still hurt when I excersized on rare occasions. I did to go the doctors about it back then and he couldn't feel anything. I am 18 now... the bulge only started to appear a few months ago and it hurts all the time when I excersise. I did go to the doctors again recently, but the unfortunately the buldge was not visible at this time and all he could see was the vein - I told him the possibility of it being a hernia and he was adamant that it wasn't. I am thinking of going back soon, but with the buldge being much more visible.

Health Information:

I am underweight, my BMI is 15.
I don't smoke or drink.
I had a hernia operation when I was 5.
My bellybutton is an outie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More