Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Muscle injury question.





I have injured my right leg. I believe it's the quadricep. It happened a few weeks ago. I went through icing it down for a few days and then using a heating pad on it for a few days. Also took motrin and did some stretching. Seemed better for about a week so I went on a light jog. No pain. Two days later I tried to do some faster running/sprinting and it took about 5 steps before it started hurting again. So I feel like I am back to square one. Maybe I just didn't give it enough time.

Is this just something that will take more time or is there anything I can do to expedite the healing?
When it originally happened I called my Dr. and she prescribed me some muscle relaxers but I felt like crap when I took one. Should I tough it out and take them again? Do they help heal the injury or just help with pain?



Any advice?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More