Tuesday, September 6, 2011

No stethoscope, electrocardiagrams for everyone?





My hematologist of more than a quarter century, other than having a soft touch for writing prescriptions to drug addicts (which is why he was shut down by the State) was one of the most decent people I ever trusted with my health. I saw few other doctors during that time, as he had treated me for (and cured) a life-threatening disease when I was a kid, and subsequently taken the role of my GP - therefore, I don't really know what to think of some of the different rules which newer doctors play by.

There's a GP now who I saw recently who, other than being so young it's hard to believe they let him out of school, is very thorough, dedicated, listens to my whining, etc. What I don't get is that he doesn't seem to so much as own a stethoscope, but he did, without any cardiac complaints, order an electrocardiagram. I was wondering why he would run such a time-consuming, and expensive test (I am on prescriptions for thyroid and blood pressure, but they work - the blood pressure checked out fine), when the technician who ran the test informed me that he does this with everybody. Really? It cost me an extra $20 insurance copay for this, therefore I want to know if other doctors consider this shotgun electrocardiagram practice appropriate.

I am also curious about the apparent de-emphasis on stethoscope use (this wasn't the first GP who I had recently seen which didn't use one).

I would appreciate your thoughts on the above.

1 comments:

you can buy here replica mobile phones best qualty and we send all countriesreplika telefonlar

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More