Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Not sure what doctor I need to see





I became suddenly dizzy (non-spinning, non-syncope) about 8 months ago and went to ER, then visited my PCP several times and finally saw an ENT that performed many balance tests and nothing remarkable was found by any of these except the ENT found a few abnormalities in some of the tests and theorized it may be migraine vertigo.

I have the symptoms all day every day except when sleeping or while I'm walking around. I actually don't feel the dizziness when I'm up and walking - it's felt most while I'm sitting. The best way I can describe it is it's like I sense a feeling of motion in my body when I'm still, and when I move my back, neck or head, I get an odd sensation - it's like the movement feels unatural or unbalanced in some way. Even taking a deep breath causes the feeling to worsen. I also get wierd head rush-like feelings in my head.

I don't have any pain, no tingling or numbness, no fainting.

I don't know what I should do now or what type of doctor I should try or if I should try again with my PCP (who basically seemed to out of suggestions the last I saw her).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More