Tuesday, September 6, 2011

EXTREME dry lips (not chapped- please help)





For a while now, I've been suffering from extremely dry lips. They are not really chapped and they are not really wrinkly. They are just completely dry and hard. I've been trying to think of a comparisson, because on search engines, when I type dry lips, there's only remedies for chapped lips. And this is not the issue. If I had to compare it (don't laugh!!), it's kind like an uncooked shrimp!!!! Where it's like smooth all over but with a casing, and if you press down on it, it's obviously meaty.

I know I'm not good with my water intake, but I have been drinking over 8 glasses of water a day and still there is no difference. Chapstick doesn't help because it just sits on the top of the skin and doesn't penetrate it. And if I use chapstick (or vaseline, or carmex, or whatever), then my lip will flake. And if I remove the flakes, there will be a juicy lip layer but only for maybe an hour or so and then I'm back to the same. I could exfolliate my lips all day long, and it will just come back to this stage.

The only thing that makes my lips seem better is one specific lipgloss that I use. I guess since it's so thick, it keeps my lips (mostly bottom) for hardening. Even olive oil just makes it greasy and it still hardens!! Seriously, even when I make out, I need to lick my lips in between because they just get so dry.

Can anyone relate? Probably not

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More