Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Scared....





About 2 months ago I went to the allergist for tests to find out why I'm always stuffy. He had some blood tests taken and about a month ago he said that everything was fine. Then today he called me because he said that one of the blood tests shows inflammation in my body. He said that the normal level is 0-20 and I was at 34. He said that it shouldn't be super alarming ("if it were 70 I'd be worried" he said). I asked what was inflamed and he said that he couldn't tell by just blood work. He asked that I come in for a follow up visit to run more tests to see if it lowered, stayed the same or had risen. He said it wasn't urgent but to come in within the next few weeks. I've been trying to research what exactly these results mean but I'm not even sure what test he is talking about and I did find the CRP test but I'm completely unfamiliar with this. Now I'm really panicked and worried that something might be wrong. He doesn't seem overly worried but I'm also not sure why he called me directly after 2 months. Has anyone ever heard of something like this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More