Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Stressed or sick?





I'm a 21 year old student currently having a very stressful semester. A couple weeks ago I noticed my hair was falling out, I have really thick, actually very annoying hair, and it was very noticeable to me that it is much thinner than it used to be, on top of this I'm tired all the time and can get a full nights sleep and then have a six hour nap the next day and still be tired, though granted I will not get a full nights sleep every night. As all of us are very stressed out I've been chalking both these symptoms up to stress and not being incredibly worried about them. However over the summer several times out of no where I would get extreme pain sort of around my rib cage, and some days would get that same extreme pain in my back, also in the area of the rib cage. It happened six or seven times over the summer and has recently started happening spontaneously again. It comes out of no where and goes away on it's own after a few hours and comes on mostly at night. Also I've recently discovered a swollen gland (I think?) in my pelvis. Now I'm concerned that maybe these aren't symptoms of stress but instead something more. I researched it a bit but couldn't find any condition that lists all these as symptoms, but it seems a bit much just for stress, especially since the chest pain happened before this semester started. Does anyone have any thoughts on what this could be?? Or am I just over reacting?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More