Tuesday, September 6, 2011

please help very concerned





hello everyone I want to start off by thanking you for taking the time to read this thread and any help given will be greatly appreciated. I am a 21 year old male who started experiencing symptoms about 5-6 weeks ago that have really concerned me. it started with almost constant twitching in my calfs. there was some other spuradic twitching throughout my body but nothing like wut I was experiencing in my calfs. It has subsided a little bit more latly in my calfs but have become smaller and more fine ***** I hear are often associated with als. I get some noticable twitching in my arms but nothing like wut was in my calfs. I also have a sore/painul feeing extending from the tips of my middle finger/ring finger all the way down my forearm. I havnt had any significant weakness but it does feel a little weak but I am not sure if this is from illness or my constant strength testing for fear of als or somthing similar. recently I have noticed my tongue twitching also and get twitchs in the neck and face. I woke up yesterday with a pain on the side of my neck right behind the jawbone on the side. now it seems to hurt on both sides and by my throat on both sides. it kinda feels like a swollen painful feeling you may get with some colds or somthing. I am very concerned and don't know what to think. I know none of you can diagnose me but maybe if someone has experienced somthing similar they can give me a few ideas of what it could be. I have considered als but I have been told it is not likly because it has progressed so fast and I am so young. I have also considered lyme or a thyroid problem. I have had mono when I was younger but didn't experience symptoms like this. I actually didn't notice it until my mom pointed out there was a lump on the side of my neck due to swollen lymphnodes. I felt some neck discomfort but not like this. I thank you again for any help given and appreciate it very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More