Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Blurred peripheral vision, numbness in hands and headaches.





Not to mention the irritating shakes I get in my hands.

Not sure what to think. Seems like symptoms of diabetes, to me but as a truck driver, I've had to take many a test for diabetes, to get my med card, I have to carry with me. And never has anyone even hinted at the possibility. And to tell you the truth, when I enter the symptoms into one of those symptom checkers, diabetes rarely comes up. Stroke is the most common. And to tell you the truth, I may have had a minor one once. Tried to stand and had the worst head rush ever. Fell back down and my eyes were looking two different directions and I nearly passed out before I started to regain myself. It was ugly but thats a different discussion.

In general, what usually happens is that my peripheral vision will suddenly turn jumpy or flashy and I can't focus there. Sometimes, its so bad that its mere distraction makes it hard for me to see in front myself as well. This is almost always accompanied by the shakes in my hands. More like tremors, really. Eating something, anything, will usually take away the shakes but the vision thing usually holds on a little longer. The other day, I sat down and ate a full dinner, with salad and still, the two persisted for an hour or more. This was late in the day and I went to bed. The next day, I felt like holy hell and when I laid down, I slept for an astounding three and a half hours. Even though I had had a full nights sleep.

The numbness might not be related. It comes on suddenly but not with the other symptoms. And for no good reason, I can determine. I just lose sensation in my hands (usually) very easily and very quickly. As in, without reason. Not sure what to make of that either. Not sure if the two are related.

I don't know. All I know is it sure sucks to get old.

What's next? Erectile dysfunction?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More