Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Physical Therapist Messed Up My Shoulder!!





Hi all ... had my shoulder surgery on 8/25 and the surgery went well, the orthopaedic surgeon did a great job ... shaved down the bone, removed bone spurs, etc. And before I started PT, I had hardly any pain at all and was doing great, felt so wonderful after the few yrs I just went through. Anyway, I started PT 5 wks after surgery, first PT went so so, and the 2nd PT with a different Physical Therapist went horribly wrong. I was doing all the regular exercises needed but before the end where they do the icing and electrodes the PT did a deep massaging on my right shoulder ... it was all I could do not to scream but I did moan here and there and of course the little pain in the azz kept saying you don't have a high tolerance to pain do you? Of course he kept saying this over and over to the other PT and I just wanted to slap him as he has no idea everything I've been through in life. Anyway, he kept digging into my shoulder for approx. 15 minutes and the pain definitely started up from the the time I left, this was last Tuesday, 10/5. The pain kept getting worse and the following day I had a previous follow-up appt. with another dr. who couldn't even believe the PT would do a deep massage post-op as the main thing I need right now is ROM, range of motion, he had said my shoulder bone is still healing and should not be prodded the way he did. Anyway, I will not be going back to that PT office and now going back to one PT office I went to a few yrs back but not for a few more wks. I did call the ortho's office to let them know what happened with Phy. Therapist and all the dr. wanted to do was give me an NSAID. The pain that I felt was worse than when it all started 2 1/2 yrs back, however, I'm doing my best in still exercising and moving my shoulder. I was in so much pain this past weekend that I just about ended up in the E.R. I, do feel however, the pain has lessened a bit but the pain is worse when I move my arm to the left or the right. Anyway, enough of my complaining ... just wanted to know if any of you have had a similar situation with a physical therapist and also, do you have any thoughts of what happened to my shoulder.

Thanks

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More