Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Spirometry Results - Anyone Know How to Read Them??





Hi all ... I just had a spirometry test last Wednesday and just picked up the results ... my appt. with the dr. won't be till next month, November but may try to make it sooner, he wants me on the advair for a long time before seeing me again ... but was hoping a few of you could interpret my results. I'll write out the "impression" but if you need numbers then please let me know

The Impression says:

1. Spirometry demonstrated a small airway dysfunction. Reversibility documented by bronchodilator. FEF25-75 is reduced. Ratio FEV!/FVC was 75. Flow volume loops demonstrate an abnormal pattern.

2. Lung volumes were normal.

3. Diffusion capacity was reduced. A single breath carbon monoxide diffusion capacity was obtained which was 12.96/ml/min/mm hg or 67% of predicted.

Before the spirometry was done, the pulmonologist is very sure I'm at the beginning of emphysema ... but I won't know the complete results till I meet with the dr. next month. Anyone have any input? Would appreciate it and thank you (oh, just a little background, I smoked for 20 yrs and quit 15 yrs ago ... but for the past year I've had laryngitis 5 times, bronchitis 2 times, and now a cough for the past 5 mos and anytime I'm near smoke and I enhale it my chest tightens up and can't breathe, just an fyi)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More