Tuesday, September 6, 2011

In need of help/advice - college student





Desperate for help! This past weekend I went overboard with drinking and ended up going to the emergency room. I was admitted into the ER around 12:45, and they let me go a few hours later. I woke up the next day and looked at the medical record. They didn't perform any tests on me that night but I knew their would be some fee for going to the ER. I called the hospital and they said my bill is $842 not including the physician's fee. I am covered under my parent's insurance plan and now I am terrified about them finding out. We are from the middle east and they are very conservative. I talked with the insurance company to have them send the bill to my dorm. I am getting a job and I am sure I can get enough money for the copay which may be around $250. Is there a chance they will find out later on? Do insurance companies send out records every year? Will their premiums rise for my ER visit? thanks for the help.

Please don't tell me I should just come clean with my parents. It just can't happen. They are also very old I don't want to place any stress on them.

I know what I did was wrong and I shouldn't have let people pressure me into it. But please I need help.

*Please I don't want you to think I'm a crazy party person. I am a responsible student. I hope you can at least sympathize.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More