Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chest pain, lightheadness, weakness, vomiting, and low energy





Hello Health boarders! For the past 2 and half years I've been experiencing some disturbing symptoms without a solid medical diagnosis. The symptoms started on 7/30/08 and have continued with little or no relief. They progressively get worse and do not improve with lifestyle changes. The first thing I noticed was shortness of breath that started with a rapid onset after smoking a cigarette on 7/30/08. I have to admit that it scared me because up until this point all the only health problem I had ever had was anxiety. This was clearly different from your classic anxiety attack. After that I started to experience weakness, lightheadedness and chest pain on a daily basis. Cigarette smoke and large meals seemed to trigger these events. Palpitations are also a primary symptom (PVCS) as well as dizziness and near syncope. A hacking cough and vomiting are also present. Since the symptoms started I have been to the ER on numerous occasions and I get a different diagnosis every single time. If I tell them I have anxiety disorder they automatically assume that is what is causing my "constant" health complaints. I have also been to my primary care physician with no help. I had an echocardiogram on 9/18/08 which came back with negative results. I've had multiple lab tests run, including metabolic panels and CBCs. I've also had a Chest CT scan and it was also negative. I have to admit that I have spent a lot of time thinking it is my heart, but I'm really starting think that it might be anemia since I am a 25 year old male in normal weight range. If anyone has any advice or guidance it would be very much appreciated...thank you.

Causes I have considered:
B-12 deficiency
pulmonary hypertension
asthma
chronic Bronchitis

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More