Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Need BIG Help. Strict Food Restrictions.





Hey guys. In a bit of a pickle. Earlier this year I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis. It usually effect my buttocks/lower back area so I have trouble walking and getting up sometimes. This worried my parents quite a bit, to the point where my parents (mainly my mother) started buying into this nonsense medicines. For example she spent 4 thousand dollars on a tiny "wild ginseng" bottle that was supposed to cure me, even though I explained to her that this was genetic and that theres no way of completely healing it but her being my mother, she chooses not to believe that. She came across this other medicine, which is heralded as the next big thing in our country (South Korea) and shes all sucked up into this. She really believes this may be the cure. She talked about how the doctors has greats refs and what not. <edited>. I on the other hand am getting more and more pissed off because she keeps putting me through this, i appreciate it, but her constant promising that this is the "one" really begins to irk me because shes not understanding theres no real cure.

but anyways, we get this new thing. You have to drink this half cup of brown liquid for every meal. and to add to that, in between you have to drink this spoonful of REALLY salty soy sauce AND than you take these garlic pills. According to the doctor, this attacks the inflammation blah blah blah. it ultimately "cures me"

okay this is the problem, while taking the medicine it has a list of these STUPID <edited> restrictions. For example, i cant eat anything that has flour in it (so no pancakes or bread), i cant eat chicken, i cant drink or eat anything cold (that includes fruits, water, milk, SALAD (unless i want to microwave it <edited>) etc), can't eat pork, can't eat processed or instant foods, can't eat cereal, cant eat brown rice, tofu, can't drink alcohol (yay no partying for me) so in other words this hinders me quite a bit.

I was born in the US so I grew up eating a bowl of cereal for breakfast and drinking a cup of milk every few hours (for health reasons). As you can guess, when she told me about these restrictions, I flipped out. Honestly, I try to eat healthy now. I don't eat junk, so what exactly can i eat.

Can someone help me out here and give me some ideas? according to her, i should eat rice for breakfast lunch and dinner now. The main reason i drank so much milk was to grow and to get my nutrients. honestly what am i supposed to do.

sorry for the long post. hopefully some of you will be entertained by my misery.

edit.
is there anything that i can sub in for milk that will help me grow and get me the same nutrients i need? multi vitamin pills are probably out of the questions.

edit 2.
we made a deal that i give it a month but the deal was made before she told me about all these restrictions. some of you may just say "its a month, suck it up" its just that I tried so hard to develop a good eating habit (cereal with a lot of milk in the morning, salad for lunch) its hard to just drive all that away to consume fat, disgusting food like white rice every meal. im just real pissed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More