Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pleurisy to for two months? Ideas? Suggestions? Help?





Hello everyone-

I had pleurisy for the first time last year, at the tail end of a bout with influenza. My doc told me at the time that once you have it once, you can get it again.

However, this year I got it two months ago without even being sick. My sole symptom is pleurisy pain. And I've had it for two months. I am fortunate in that it's rather mild and I only notice when I take a big, deep breath or stretch my arms out over my head but I'm concerned at this point.

What is causing this? What can I do about it? I eat healthy, I exercise, I'm not sick otherwise, I do yoga, I stretch.

My doctor won't let me have a flu shot until the pleurisy clears my system, and yet that isn't happening and I'd rather not go into flu season unprotected.

Does anyone have any ideas? Should I be concerned, or is this just one of those things that is sometimes chronic? If it matters my other health conditions include Hashimotos thyroiditis (which does affect my immune system) and Genital HSV1.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More