Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Severe upper right ab pain?





Since I was about 14 (now 20) I've always had extremely severe upper right abdominal pain, which on some occasions leads to stomach cramps, chest pains and extremely painful back pain (below right shoulder blade)...

When I was 16 I had an Ultra Scan to try and see what was in there - my mother has Gall Stones, and my Granddad had the exact same thing I have and has had it since he was very young (he has an Ulcer and had a Hernia) ... but the scan results didn't find anything?

The pain lasts for about 9 hours, and I cannot describe it other than extremely painful. It starts of feeling uncomfortable, then just goes absolutely viral!

The pain only goes away until I've either made myself be sick at least for a good 30 minutes, or until I've managed to sleep it off - and it only ever kicks of when I eat fried foods that are very high in fats, such as bacon and even KFC!

Pain Killers don't work at all - Ibuprofen, Codein, Paracetamol etc (never tried morphine or ketamine, though!) and nor does trying to go to the toilet...(?!)

My GP/Doctor prescribed me with some antibiotics - which I refuse to take... he didn't give me much as to what the problem actually is either, which I'm quite annoyed about.

Could anyone shine some light? I would extremely appreciate any help given!

Thanks in advance!

All the best,
Brownie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More