Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Unexplained nerve type pain





A few months ago I had a sudden onset of ataxia, weakness, vertigo and various MS like symptoms. Most symptoms subsided after 2 weeks but since then I have pain in my hands, feet and ankles and they are still weak and shakey. I also get pain that goes right through my whole body, like a nauseated headache that comes on in a matter of minutes and moving gets really hard. It happens when I get tired, if I'm even a little bit cool or after a hot shower and I have it in the evenings regardless of what I do.

The pain in my legs, feet and hands is like the painful to touch skin when you get pins and needles. I also get tingling/buzzing and twitching. It's getting worse and hasn't responded to anything other than codine, which I'm now taking in increasing doses just to bear it but nothing the dr has given me has worked. I saw a neurologist "not MS, probably a virus, have some Physiotherapy" (I drag my foot and some of my toes on that foot are painful to walk on, I can't make it work right).

I have treated coeliac disease and suspect it is another autoimmune causing the problem, apart for that I've got no idea what it is but I'm still deteriorating. My Dr doesn't know either. Does this sound familiar to anyone, please post anything no matter how bad, far fetched or trivial you might think it sounds, I'm deperate for answers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More